Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Going home for Labor Day weekend

As we were leaving town to go home for Labor Day weekend, it seemed like the clouds were rolling in.

An hour outside of town, and we ran into the rain. It rained off and on for several hours.

We were surrounded on all sides by sporadic rain and dark clouds, then when we looked to our left there was this break in the dark clouds and the bright sky and light, fluffy white clouds were peering through. It was pretty amazing.

We didn't make it back in time for me to take pictures of the sunset. I could have taken some from the car, but I was tired and worn out from the past two weeks of dealing with vehicles/no vehicles and I was just ready to get home. I did notice on the drive that the scenery was lush and green and I was thankful that they have been getting rain.

No comments: