Friday, September 19, 2008

A few interesting things...

We've ran across some interesting things on our walks. I love the colors on this little acorn above and I liked the interesting texture of the "hat" on the acorn below.


There is a man who walks around in the park hitting golf balls. I've found several of his balls laying around (no pun intended).

And this little thing falls off some of the trees we walk under. Again, I like the texture of it!

Speaking of things falling out of trees, on our walk this morning Buppa and I were walking under a tree and I could hear bits of something hitting the ground periodically. I looked up and found a cute little squirrel sitting up in the tree, hunched over a large nut. He'd pull of a hunk shell with his teeth and he'd go "pfffft" and spit it out of his mouth, lobbing it just a bit, and it would fall down and hit the ground. We both watched for a little bit as he systematically worked his way around the shell of that nut, safely out of the way of the falling bits. I had a big smile on my face as we continued on.

I've got a few things left to do today to get ready for the show tomorrow. Everything is on target, the weather looks good, and I'm looking forward to the possibilities. (And as of 9:00 this morning, I know I can put the canopy up by myself. Not that I'll be putting it up by myself, but it is always good to know what one is capable of.)

1 comment:

Whoa...my data port's open.... said...

The beauty in little things is amazing.