Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brookside Artzz 2008






Well, here was my booth at the Brookside Artzz festival on Saturday. It turned out to be a beautiful day for it. We got there at 8 am and set up. Since I had over 50 paintings to hang, it took me until around 10:30 to finish. It was advertised at starting at 11:00, but I knew that there would be people there before that and we wanted to be ready.

There were a lot of people who came by. It's always interesting to watch the people. Some will come by, barely glance at anything and continue on. Others will come in and glance around a little, then move on. And the rest will come in and look at everything before moving on. I could tell there was one man who really wanted to purchase several paintings because he kept coming back to certain ones. He didn't end up getting any, but I appreciated his interest. I had one man tell me he could tell I really enjoyed painting. And a girl came up to me and asked me how I painted them and told me she loved them. Other than that, I read lips from some people who would point to their companions and say things like "Cool" or "I like that."

I had several friends stop by, which was so nice to have their support. All in all, a fun day. I made $3.25 in sales. Yes, that's right. I sold 5 gift tags (thanks, Mel!) and 3 postcards (thanks, Vanessa!). A little disheartening to not sell any paintings (especially considering how much work goes into it, that it is the third time I've had a show and not sold any, and that it gets tiring working so hard for little to no return, especially when you factor in the cost of the booth). But, I'll keep at it. With enough rest and positive thoughts, I can start to prepare for my next show on October 10th and 11th where I'll share a booth at the Indie Emporium (an inside show!) with my sister.

No comments: