Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Waiting for Mama

My sister and I went with our mama to some appointments she had in the City (Oklahoma City) in November. It was while we were sitting in this waiting room (waiting) that we came up with some brilliant ideas (which we haven't actually had the time to do yet, with all the preparations for Christmas). As soon as we actually make aforementioned "brilliant ideas," I'll let you know. You can tell by her laughing eyes that along with our sparks of creative genius, we had a lot of fun.

In between appointments, we shopped at several stores and of course, we had lunch. We ate at P.F. Chang's where we had this cute (young) waiter who was really nice to us. When we left, along with his tip, I wrote him a note to tell him how much we appreciated his kindness and smiles. I signed it the "Three Lovely Ladies." I hope it brightened his day. Too often, we don't tell others, especially strangers (or even family), about something they've done that we really appreciate. I think it means a lot to hear that something about you is appreciated. I can still recall going through a drive-thru window at Long John Silvers/A&W and having the guy who took my money inhale and say, "You have the most beautiful eyes." I appreciated it (and continue to remember it with fondness).

I think I've gone off on another tangent, haven't I? Well, I can't use the "I'm tired" excuse, but can I say that all the packing/planning/preparing has gone to my head?

Anyway, we had a lovely day and I'm glad we had the opportunity to be together.

No comments: