Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Christmas Wreath

I had a wreath previously that I left up year round. I showed it to you before, or possibly just showed you the cute little bird's nest in the upper part of it. Anyhoo, my Mama pointed out that my old wreath was past its prime and she encouraged me to get another. I still would have put it off, but she said that I should get one while they were half off and while the selection was good. So, I went into Hobby Lobby and looked at them.

I could not believe it--the price before 50% off ranged from $39.99 to $99.99. I have to say none of them looked worth it. I still could not bring myself to spend $20 on a wreath. That's when I saw the blank wreaths for $7.99 ($4.00 half off!) and I thought that sounded much more reasonable. I then went and looked at ornaments and such to see what I wanted to put on my wreath. I have to admit that I stuck with the cheaper stuff (ornaments were also half off). As I was looking for wording to put on my wreath (I settled for "Howdy"), I noticed the bird ornaments and thought that I needed a cardinal to put in my old nest to put in this new wreath.

I came home and instead of taking care of the things I needed to around the house, I sat down and made my wreath! I really do like the shiny red and silver balls. They kind of reminded me of disco balls (and I do like a good disco ball). I even liked the "Howdy" as I am a country girl at heart. I carefully extracted my nest from the old wreath and deposited it in the new and carefully put my cardinal in and tied him and the nest down. I put it on my door and stepped back to look. I absolutely love it!!!!! What a cute wreath (if I do say so myself)! It brings a smile to my face when I see it and I'm so happy to be able to have a bird in my nest. And the best thing of all? It only cost me $12.00!!

No comments: