Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our walk this morning





We had a really beautiful walk this morning. It was overcast and with the weather forecast predicting thunderstorms the next few days, we really wanted to get our walk in. I'm always struck by the beauty I find on our walk. We've walked the same paths at least three days a week for the past two years and I almost always see something I haven't seen when I take the time to look. And if I see something new all the time on the same paths, I can see how in heaven the scenery and the view will never grow old, even for eternity. I had wondered how many artists could still continue to paint once in heaven, what would one paint when we are all seeing the same thing? But I think even if we all see the same thing, we wouldn't interpret it the same. We would still paint from our experiences, our feelings and that would make all of our paintings different. I'm looking forward to all the possibilities I have as an artist and as a person.

No comments: