Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ant carrying sesame seed


We ate outside on the back porch at our patio table tonight. Chann picked up Arby's on his way home from running errands. We ate and threw the ball for Brownie and listened to the sound of our neighbors mowing (it seems like they mow at least once per week, whether it needs it or not). After we ate, I happened to glance down and noticed an ant crawling around with a seed. A sesame seed that must have fallen off the top of the Arby's roast beef sandwich onto the ground. The little guy was really muscling it around. I asked Chann to herd him for me (because he was headed home) and he did while I went and got the camera. Ants really aren't my thing (they come in my house, they die), but you've gotta admire a fellow who is trying to heft a sesame seed home for supper.

1 comment:

Valencia said...

I forgot how delightful my friend, Cherinda, is....just reading your reflections reminds me of our times in Spain. Thanks for sharing.
I love your blog! Valencia