Friday, February 22, 2008

On our walk this morning

Brownie and I haven't been able to go on our regular walks for several weeks now, due to a variety of reasons. I'm happy to report that we were able to take one today. Even though the weather was just above freezing and it was spitting little snow flurries (that never really accumulated on the ground). I bundled up and off we trotted.


We have a trail that we like to take where we walk near the water and we see (and sniff) everything there is to see (and sniff). We both really needed it. I thought I'd share a few things we saw.



These two geese were swimming below us and it seemed like we followed them for quite some time. Guess they were going the same direction we were.

This just caught my eye, so thought I'd see what it looked like up close.



On several of our walks now I've seen this beautiful bright red cardinal and he really stands out amongst the bare, stark trees. However, he moves too quick for me and I haven't been able to capture him yet (on film). He's an elusive one. Maybe one of these days he'll sit still long enough for me to whip out my camera, turn it on, try to zoom in on him, and snap a picture. Or maybe not. I haven't been successful yet, but I'm kind of enjoying the thrill of the chase.

No comments: