Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine's Day Box



When I was in the 5th grade, the teacher announced that we would be having a contest for who had the best decorated Valentine's box.
When I told my parent's, my Dad thought about it and came up with this wonderful idea--a toilet. You lift the lid and put the Valentine's inside the "bowl".


I can't remember who won the contest (it may have been me). All I remember is being so proud to carry that beautiful, fun Valentine's toilet into my classroom and having to tell my admiring classmates all day that the handle wasn't supposed to actually flush (which they kept trying to do).

You think I've kept this picture of it all these years? Well the truth is, I've kept the whole thing all these years and I took a picture of it recently so I could show everyone the toilet my Dad made for me. Everytime I look at it, I see not only an awesome Valentine's box, but I see the love my Dad has for me. I think that is why I've held onto it all these years. I love having something my Dad made just for me, something so wonderful that was so creative and really was admired by all the other kids.

Although I've had many Valentine's Days since, this one will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments: