Thursday, February 21, 2008

My birthday card from Grandma

The most wonderful thing came in the mail today--a birthday card from Grandma (who went to be with Jesus yesterday morning).

In the midst of the pain of our loss (her happiness), I really didn't want to ask anyone if Grandma had been able to put a card in the mail to me. But I really hoped she had. I kept thinking to myself that it would be so nice if I just had this one last birthday card.

I kept waiting for the mail, trying not to get my hopes up. And when I went out and opened the box, there it was! I held that envelope close to my heart. I really debated on whether I shouldn't savor it for a little bit before I opened it, but I couldn't.

I tore it open and read the last words she had written to me and it was like she was speaking to me from heaven and telling me she loved me. I needed that.

No comments: