Monday, November 24, 2008

Art in the Square - 10/18/08







Here are the pictures from my booth at Art in the Square on October 18th. This one was juried to get in, so I felt really happy (and honored) to be a part of it. It was a beautiful day and was a lot of fun. It also happened to be my niece's birthday and her (and her parents and her brother) stopped by my booth. She picked out a Barbie sized bedspread and a matching throwpillow (which you see clutched in her hands) and pulled money out of her little tiny pocket to pay me with. Incidentally, it turned out we we both wearing the same color of jeans (which she announced to me after sidling up to my leg to get her pants as close to mine as she could to confirm that indeed, we were wearing the same color).

My art teacher from college stopped by to see my paintings (he was the one who taught me watercolor and oil painting--not at the same time). It was his enouragement of my work, of the "wet-on-wet" technique, that gave me the freedom to explore what was inside me which results in a lot of what you see today. He was very complimentary on my paintings now and he graciously purchased a painting from me (becoming the first person to actually buy a painting from me at a show) entitled "Infusion of Grace." I'll always be grateful to him for being such a wonderful, encouraging teacher and I'm glad to be back in contact with him again.

All in all, it was a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to this show again next year (once you get in, you are automatically invited back!!!! Yeah!!!)

No comments: