Wednesday, August 13, 2008

View from Turkey Mountain

We went to Turkey Mountain for a family walk/hike on Sunday afternoon. This is the mountain that blocks many of my attempts to get a good sunset picture (I like the ones where you can get the whole horizon in it, uncluttered by houses, mountains, etc.). It was an overcast day, so we thought we'd take advantage of it.

This is the view of the CitiPlex towers on the other side of the river. As you can see, it has been a while since we've gotten a lot of rain, although we have gotten some over the past three days.

There are so many wonderful trails to explore. Brownie really loves trails (so do I).

Oops, I meant to have this picture be last, but.... When Brownie sticks her head out the window, she closes her eyes and is really sniffing into the wind. It is so cute because it looks like an expression of utter bliss. I tried to capture it, but wish I could have gotten a clearer picture of her face in the side mirror.

Pausing to relax before we head back. I liked this shot as they were both watching whatever was going on to their right. That shows Pooker is just as curious about what is going on as Brownie! We had lots of fun on our hike and will have to do it again.

No comments: