Saturday, February 28, 2009

38 and Feeling Great, Book Fair, and Three Etsy Sales

It's been a while since I let you know what was going on. I finally finished up my part-time work right before we went home over Valentine's Day weekend which left me able to do other projects (will get around to posting those pics!). Since we got back, I've been working on putting vintage items to sell in our Etsy store, working on more paintings (had a beautiful day and I painted outside), and making more bookmarks (manlier ones) for a custom request. I also turned 38 and have been celebrating for a week. Funnily enough, I feel as good at 38 as when I turned 28 (will post pictures of our birthdays, too!)

We had three sales in one day at our Etsy store on the 26th! That was exciting. Today was the annual Book Fair we go to (in which we get there between 6:30 and 7:00 am and wait in line until they open at 8:00 am) and I, who don't really start fully functioning until 9:00 am, was chatty Cathy. I found myself talking non-stop to Pooker and dancing around in front of him. I kept up the talking when my sister arrived to wait with us. What can I say? I love books! I did find quite a few that I bought, but not as many this year as Iast year. I buy a few romance, a few mystery, a few fiction, and I look for old books. Not rare books, but books published before the 60's and very inexpensive. (I'll have to run down the titles of some of them for you and the years they were published in another blog.) I just like having them. I don't get just any one, especially if the title isn't that great (just in case anyone gets any ideas). I got one today published in the 1920's. I think the earliest one I have was published in the 1910's. There's just something really neat about owning something that old. I also like how they look on my shelf. Guess I should take a picture to show you what I mean. Maybe I'll do that when I blog about them. That would give you something to look forward to! I'll have to squeeze that in after I get my house cleaned and straightened back up from all the creating I've done.

We had a wonderful birthday lunch with our cousins at Bellacino's after the Book Fair to celebrate our birthdays (Pooker's was earlier this month, mine was the 21st, and Nee's is the middle of March). After lunch, they headed to the Book Fair (since it would be considerably less crowded than in the morning) and Nee went home so she could load up with her husband and kids and go to the farm for a week to help out. Pooker and I came home where he dragged his box of books in and proceeded to take a nap. I dragged mine in and lovingly pulled them out and lined them up to admire them. I wanted to nap, but knew I probably would just rather get to sleep early than nap and stay up late. In fact, Brownie is already in bed.

We had beautiful weather earlier this week, then today it was cool and cloudy. It may remain cool for the next few days, but the forecast for Thursday is 80 degrees! I guess that might make this next weekend the perfect weekend for a garage sale. If that is the case, I've got lots of stuff to do this week besides what I already mentioned. We'll see.

No comments: