Friday, October 17, 2008

Nails in front of our driveway

One morning in August, Pooker had already left for work when Brownie and I went outside to go for our walk. I get to the end of our driveway and I look around and there are nails scattered all over in the street in front of our driveway and scattered onto the bottom part of our driveway. I couldn't believe it. It was like who is out to puncture our tires? I couldn't think of anyone. We went ahead and went for our walk, then when we got back I went outside with a Ziplock bag to pick them all up. I picked up over 60 nails out of the street. Sure, they were mainly concentrated in front of our house, but there were some back the street a little bit in front of our neighbors (but not near as many as in front of ours). I decided what had happened was someone had these nails in the back of their pickup and for whatever reason, they tumbled out and scattered. The reason I put them in a Ziplock was so I could sell them in our garage sale. Yes, a bag of used nails will sell at a garage sale. When you've seen a broken, rusty shovel head sell and a rusty falling apart wheelbarrow minus a wheel sell, you know anything will sell. Unfortunately, when I showed Pooker the bag of nails he decided he wanted them. I sighed and put the bag with his other nails.

1 comment:

Whoa...my data port's open.... said...

Maybe business has been slow at your local tire store. It sounds like somebody has too much time on their hands or something. What a mean trick no matter what the reason.

Did you call the law?