Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grandad's better

I wanted to give you an update on Grandad. They (finally) stopped giving him the morphine on Monday and switched it to a different pain medication. He is still not quite himself (as the morphine hasn't all left his body yet), but isn't quite so aggressive/paranoid They now have him in a regular room. His body is healing, but he is still in some pain. He needs to be able to walk before they'll let him go, so please pray that his body regains strength so he can get around, that the fog lifts from him and he once again has a sound mind, and that his recovery goes well and quickly.

I spoke to him briefly last night and asked how he was and told him how much I love him. He told me he was still in some pain, that he loved me too, and he said he felt my prayers when he was in the shower. That really touched me as I didn't mention anything to him about how I was praying for him (had told him before the surgery I'd be praying, but not since). That let me know how powerful prayers really are (sometimes, it's easy to forget) and I'm grateful to God for watching over my Grandad.

Sorry about not posting for a few days. I need to blog about the Fair over the weekend, I've got more mushrooms, and I'll show you pictures of the crafts I'm working on for the show next weekend (already have enough art, but needed some crafts in the hopes of being able to sell something--my theory is the more options you give people, the greater the chance of having something that appeals to a wider variety of people. Plus, our booth is in the craft section!). I won't tell you what crafts I'm making because I'd like to surprise you with my craftiness. That will give you something to look forward to.

I'm off to Wal-Mart for groceries (and perhaps some lunch).

No comments: