Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quote for the Day

Well, I don't think you really want to hear about the ants in my kitchen (no, I haven't tried taking a picture of them, but maybe I should with the handy-dandy close up shot feature that I have on my camera--could be interesting). Or about the trip to the store this morning to get groceries and ant traps. Or the subsequent cleaning I had to do to rid my kitchen of all the filth that likes to build up while I'm busy doing a hundred other, more important things. Or about the careful placement of my little traps.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that as soon as I see the ants crawling around, I squish them with my finger and rinse them down the sink. I think the traps would work better if I'd let them roam into them and take some of the sweet poison back to share with their little friends. But I can't seem to wait as I'd really like them gone NOW. I don't want to share my kitchen, or my crumbs, with them.

Instead, I thought I'd try to find a suitably inspiring quote from one of the two books of quotes that my Mom gave me. I don't think she gave them to me so I'd find inspiration, but merely she was cleaning out her own things and was getting rid of them. I thought they might be nice to have (especially since I have hopes of having my own library someday--one with floor to ceiling book shelves and several of those ladders on wheels with a nice fireplace and several wingback chairs to sit in and lose yourself for a while).

So, the quote for today is from the book Five Thousand Quotations for all occasions.

"The thought of eternity consoles for the shortness of life." --Malherbe

No comments: