Sunday, March 2, 2008

"Behind the Veil"


"Behind the Veil" painted 2/20/08


I know I said I'd let you interpret the paintings on your own, and you can, but wanted to give you a little more info on this one. I painted it the day I found out Grandma had passed away. My sister gave me my birthday gift and had it wrapped up in tulle. When I unwrapped my gift, all I could thing about the tulle was "behind the veil." And that made me think of Grandma and her being in heaven. And how Mom was with her when she had one foot here on earth and one foot in heaven. All I could think was the veil between worlds isn't that thick. And Mom got a glimpse behind the veil that separates us.

So, I slapped that tulle on my canvas and squirted paint on and painted over that tulle. I painted about my sadness for our loss and our tiny glimpse behind the veil. I also added on three little things--a button (to represent the circle of life and my acceptance of the circle of life), a tear shaped faux pearl (to represent my tears), and a beautiful, glittery pink and blue bead (to represent the graciousness of God).

No comments: