Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Inadvertant Snuggling

I know it's been a while since I've blogged. My part-time work has picked up some and between several rounds of baby-sitting and reading (a lot) and trying to keep the house clean, I haven't been doing much else.

We woke up early this morning to go for a walk/jog (Brownie and I walk while Pooker (my husband) jogs and we eventually meet back up). I woke up before the alarm went off and I gradually became aware that I was nicely sandwiched between Pooker and Brownie. Pretty much nearer Pooker's side than my side.

I lay there enjoying the warmth of being between the two hairy's I love and listening to them breathe. Pooker had been tugging at his blankets trying to cover up better, but he couldn't because I was on them. He was still asleep, but I think he knew something wasn't quite right. His alarm went off and he shut it off and again tried to pull his blankets over him and couldn't. This time, I feel movement and hear "What the heck?" and know that he has discovered us snuggling up to him.

While, of course, Pooker doesn't mind a good snuggle, we've just managed to snuggle him right up to the edge, plus tied his blanket up so he couldn't get it where he wanted it. At this point, I could have moved over a little, but I just couldn't. I have no recollection of even moving over by him during the night (I don't usually make it over that far as no one wants to feel as if they are being pushed off their own bed). So I just wanted to lay there and enjoy the warmth and the contentment for as long as I could.

Pooker got up not long after and started throwing on his clothes for our outing. When I got up and started pulling on my clothes, Brownie jumped out of bed and quickly did her stretches and yawned because she knew we were going to go for our walk. She prances around while we get ready and sticks pretty close because she wants to make sure she doesn't get left at home.

We actually had a very nice walk. Brownie was smiling and her eyes were twinkling from the moment we left the house and every moment in between. She really loves it when we are all able to go together. This is the first sunrise I've seen in a long time, but I was too tired to get a picture of it. If we make this a habit (again), maybe I'll get used to getting up early (again) and try to snap some sunrise photos as well. Who knows.

No comments: