Monday, August 23, 2010

Team Dirty Deeds at the Mud Run

I must say it was a hot, hot day, but team Dirty Deeds was ready for the run. This has been one year in the planning for them and nothing, not even the heat, could dim their excitement.

This was the first mud obstacle they encountered. They took off fast so they could be somewhat ahead of the pack so they could do their dive through the tires (and not be stuck behind a lot of runners waiting to get through).

This was the third mud obstacle (after the army crawl through the mud) and they are still going strong. I was a hot, sweaty mess as I was running to get to each obstacle to take pictures.

There was one other mud obstacle before this giant slide into mud, but I didn't go over there so I could be here to get their picture. I wish I could have shown you the whole slide in which they grabbed hands and launched themselves over the edge. They made a huge splash at the bottom. From here, it was a race to the finish.

Pooker and my sister, Peanut, after the run and they are still smiling! And yes, they both said they will do it again next year. I just really hope it isn't as hot.

No comments: