Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pretty flowers by the river

We went farther than we usually go on our walk last week, so I was able to take pictures of a slightly different view. That's always nice.

It was raining this morning, so we weren't able to get out. I was able to finish some of my part-time work that I really needed to get done and have gotten at least 80% done on the painting I'm working on for my Mom. I'm really trying to get it finished either today or tomorrow so I can get it varnished and send it home with my sister. I'm really pleased with how it is coming along and will post it for you to see when I (finally) get it completed. Mom will be happy to get it and it will look great in her bedroom (if I do say so myself).

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow, so don't be surprised if it is somewhere in my shoulder blade region (or a little higher). It is so long that it gets caught under me while I sleep and I sometimes end up wrapped in it. Plus with the ending of one season (Pooker's old job) and the beginning of the new (Pooker's new job), I need a change to mark this new beginning. I also want to be able to bend over and pet Buppa without my hair whacking her in the face. Or dragging it in the sink when I lean over to wash my face. Besides, it grows fast.

No comments: