Monday, April 7, 2008

In our yard this morning

It is a nice morning. Brownie was outside, so I went outside to join her for a little bit. The next thing you know, a squirrel goes walking by balanced on the top of our fence. Brownie noticed and gave chase around the yard. The squirrel was flying around the top of the fence, with Brownie nipping at its heels from the ground. It was making a noise like "squee, squee, squee" as it ran as fast as it could. It jumped from the fence to a telephone pole and clung there looking down at Brownie, still voicing its displeasure.

I've seen that squirrel leisurely walk around the top of the fence before, but I guess Brownie didn't notice it the other times. The squirrel wasn't too happy to make that fast of a trip. I was kind of watching while holding my breath and hoping that the squirrel wouldn't lose its footing and tumble into our yard.

After Brownie "chased" it, she came back over to me, smiling really big. She loves the thrill of the chase. The squirrel had a moment of panic, Brownie got her thrills, and I was able to start breathing again when the squirrel made it safely to the telephone pole.

No comments: