Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chipmonger

I went to the grocery store today and got some things we needed. Incidentally, had a little excitement upon exiting the store. I was pushing my cart to my vehicle and I hear a man off to my left saying something about he wanted to get up off the ground. I looked over and there were three Wal-Mart employees on a man laying flat on his stomach on the cement, voicing his displeasure. I noticed movement in front of me and see a man running towards them with a pair of handcuffs. I hurried to my car and put the groceries in, then quickly pushed the cart back over to the carrel to see what else was going on and I was in time to see them haul him to his feet and walk him into the store. I did have a rush of adrenaline when I saw it and realized what I was seeing. It was kind of exciting, in a scary sort of way (like I could have been going in or out of the store when the guy stealing stuff ran by me--you just never know).

Anyway, Pooker gets home and is getting his supper heated up. He opened the pantry and was rummaging around and then he calls out, "Chipmonger" and I hear the rustling of him looking at the bags of chips I'd bought. I explained to him that I got the Funyans for when we make the green bean casserole, the Fritos for when I make chili, the Tostitos to replace the bag that we've almost eaten because I'd like to have some artichoke dip, and then the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips because those are nice to eat with a sandwich. If that makes me a chipmonger, then so be it. As he continued to rummage around in the cabinet, I heard him say, "Chipmonger" again under his breath and continue on with his supper preparations. He's a funny guy and I thought "Chipmonger" was worth repeating. In fact, "Chipmonger" is rather fun to say.

No comments: