Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Funeral, Prayers, and Craft Time

We're back! We've been here for a few days, but I haven't been able to do much besides unpack, get more vintage items put in our Etsy store (that I brought back with me), and take care of some errands. Plus, funerals and all that go with it sure take a lot out of a person. I haven't felt like doing much else.

Yesterday, my sister (Nee) said a good friend of hers (who loves her creations) offered to take our items in with her to the school she teaches at and sell them for us! How nice and yes, please! Then, Pooker said his peeps at work wanted to see some samples of my stuff (after having sent a cake (from Merritt's) with him to work (last person who has a birthday brings the stuff for the next one) and a card I'd made for them to pass around and sign. They loved the card and told him to bring some of my stuff in. Wow! Two requests in a day. I've got to get busy and make more stuff to send in with both peeps as I can't/won't take items off my Etsy store to send in. This will take some time, but I'm more than happy to see where it goes.

Another friend also called yesterday and was needing me to cover some of the fake Dr. appointments next week (to help train residents by sending in "fake" patients that they don't know are fake until the end of the visit). It's like doing improv on the stage. A little frightening, but fun to do. I think the patient I am playing this go around has Irritable Bowel Syndrome. (Yes, let's talk about poop's consistency and color.)

In case you were wondering about the funeral, it was very nice. Grandad looked great (so great even that Grandma looked at him and said if he had looked this good, she wouldn't have let him go). They do a great job at the funeral home out there. They are able to erase years and illness quite wonderfully. It was a sad day. I cried on and off at various times, but really cried hard when at the end of the funeral, the congregation sang "Victory in Jesus." That song is a good one, but not one you'd think you'd cry over. When the congregation started singing, something in me just snapped. It was as if I could still hear Grandad singing that song and it made me sad that he is gone and I'll have to wait to hear him sing again. I couldn't join in until near the end of the third verse (complete with tears streaming down my face). I think we were all glad when that day was over and we could move forward. It was like the release of weight off our shoulders because Grandad was taken care of and we don't have to worry and pray and wonder and be in limbo anymore. Neither does he. In fact, I think he's got the better end of this deal.

Well, gotta get to my crafts if I'm going to have a nice selection for people to choose from. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They were felt and they do make a difference.

No comments: