Friday, September 17, 2010

Bird Nest


We found this cute little empty nest on the ground (not near any trees) and I really wanted to pick it up and bring it home with me. I resisted the impulse (but it would have looked great in the wreath on my door...). I did pick it up and examine it and I was so impressed with the mama bird who made it. It was very lightweight, but so durable and looked so soft and comfy. Just the time and effort alone that goes into it makes it impressive. I'm just amazed by nature and by God who made it all and took care of all the minute details. Amazing.

Tomorrow is our first fall show (of two). We've been working hard to get ready for it (although I spent the afternoon lounging in my little pool and now have to finish packing my paintings tonight). I've still been taking pictures, but just now got to the point of downloading some of them because I had to make sure the pictures I took of my new paintings turned out well enough to put in my portfolio. (They did.) My posts may be sporadic for the next few weeks as our second show is Oct. 2nd. How hard I'll have to work on new things depends a lot on how much sells tomorrow. Here's to hoping we'll have to work hard to fill back up! All that to say I'm still here, but have a few other things on my plate for the next few weeks.

No comments: