Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue stripey feathers

I kept finding feathers all summer. I didn't have to even leave my yard to find them. I'd be sitting at my patio and feathers would swirl around my feet. Everywhere I'd go for walks, I'd find feathers. I found the above feathers on my walks. You might think I found them all in one place on the same day, but you'd be wrong. That is what I found so amazing about these blue stripey feathers--I found them all in different locations (park, along the river trail, and over at the CitiPlex Towers) on different days (all within a two week period). Every other feather I found was white or gray or white with black. I figured God was speaking to me through feathers, but I really couldn't figure out what he was trying to say.

I just googled feathers and here is what I came across:

"When you find feathers upon your path it could be taken to mean that you are on a higher spiritual path (whether you accept it or not), and it may be a sign of encouragement as you philosophically travel on this path.

Finding feathers on your path is also symbolic of having a lighter outlook on life or a particulary situation. When we see feathers in our midst it is considered a message that we need to lighten up, not take things too seriously, and try to find the joy in our situation."

This all makes sense to me, but I'd still really like to know what God was saying to me specifically with these blue stripey feathers. If anyone has any insight, please share!

No comments: